Missing VHOST Entry Means NGINX Plugin Doesn't Work

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:nomjk.com

I ran this command:certbot --nginx as shown on https://certbot.eff.org/#ubuntutyakkety-nginx

It produced this output:success, i guess, but no Live folder created

My web server is (include version):nginx/1.10.3 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Ubuntu 17.04

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:self

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

Hi @WMF,

Could you please post your logs from /var/log/letsencrypt? Also, do you have the specific output messages that you saw when running the certbot --nginx command?

AHA! The log states: MisconfigurationError: Cannot find a VirtualHost matching domain nomjk.com. I assume I have to set that up first. I have nomjk.com working on a development machine and should have ported that over first to this box before trying for the cert. But, the output from certbot --nginx was: “Your account credentials have been saved in your Certbot configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt…” with no mention of any error so yes, I was confused. I will set up nomjk.com on this box, rerun certbot and watch the logs this time. Thanks for your reply.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.