Lockpad not working on old mobile phones

Dear friends,

help me please,

I am owner of website (blog) https://sasamilivojev.com

www.sasamilivojev.com

People can’t open website on older mobile phone devices, they are getting notification that “website is not secure”, but website have valid SSL certificate issued automatically by Let’s encrypt, and lockpad working on new devices and windows computer. Lockpad not working for example on old Samsung phone A8.

I am informed by Domain provider that only you can fix it. Need to add TLS ver.1.2, and maybe to disable ver.1? What you can do?

Please help, its very important.

Best regards,

2 Likes

Hi @sasamilivojev , and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Please fill out this form (you have already supplied some of the information, thank you):

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

@sasamilivojev, here results from

SSL Labs SSL Server Test

https://tls.imirhil.fr/https/www.sasamilivojev.com

For sasamilivojev.com:
DNS Lookup - Check DNS Records

For www.sasamilivojev.com:
DNS Lookup - Check DNS Records

I strongly suggest using ONLY TLS v1.3 and v1.2
look here for assistance on initial configuration Mozilla SSL Configuration Generator

2 Likes

Thank you, but I don’t understand this. I just can see that my website not working on older mobile phones, “not secure”. I am using Plesk. What I can do? How to add tls ver.1.3 ? Or Lets Encrypt will fix this?
Help please

2 Likes

The LOCK isn't working on anything; The certificate expired more than one year ago!

3 Likes

Please use:

with www.sasamilivojev.com as the hostname
and look for this section when it is done

1 Like

And @sasamilivojev,

Please fill out this form (you have already supplied some of the information, thank you):

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

As far as I can tell the LE Certificate is in place, not expired, and look fine.

1 Like

Mozilla SSL Configiguration Generator can help you with that.

2 Likes

But I don’t understand this. How to generate and where to add code?

Not expired

The confusion is that that site is handing out TWO certs.
One is active, one is expired.

2 Likes

Server: Microsoft-IIS/8.5

Do you know your way around in IIS?

2 Likes

That is a problem! @sasamilivojev you need have your site only hand out the ONE non-expired certificate.
Remove the expired certificate.

2 Likes

I do not, so I'll leave you in the very capable hands of @rg305

1 Like

Thank You, I think that you are right. One is expired ZeRo SSL which I added before, but after - domain provider installed Lets encrypt for me, and now I am getting new certificate automatically after 90 days.
So what I can do? To delete all old certificates in Plesk?
Lockpad working on Windows computer and Iphone, not wotking on old Samsung A8 for example.
I am new here, and I don’t understand tls, expiriance: Zero. I only can see that my website not working on old mobile phones and looking for help how to fix. Technical support of domain and hosting provider don’t care for my problem

Sorry, I don't know Plesk.
Maybe you can ask your provider for help ? ? ?

2 Likes

Thank you. So what I can do now? In Plesk to remove expired certificates and use only Automatic Let’s encrypt? Than website will work on older mobile phones?

1 Like

I don't yet know why the old phones are failing, so I can't be certain.
But it is something you need to do [remove the expired cert].

3 Likes

Provider don’t care. They told me to ask for help Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), but IETF replied to me to ask for help here at community.letsencrypt.org