Live folder not accessible but archive is

I am having a recurring issue, which I previously got over by using the actual files in the archive folder, rather than the links in the live folder. That makes automating the task pretty difficult though, so getting this to behave will help immensely!

This is a FileMaker server cert install (fmsadmin certificate is the command for that) being run as root. Like I say, If I replace "live" with "archive" here, it works perfectly. Permissions on both folders are the same, and owner details are the same (root:root)

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

My domain is: test.storganisehost.co.uk

I ran this command: fmsadmin certificate import '/etc/letsencrypt/live/test.storganisehost.co.uk-0001/cert.pem' --keyfile '/etc/letsencrypt/live/test.storganisehost.co.uk-0001/privkey.pem' --intermediateCA '/etc/letsencrypt/live/test.storganisehost.co.uk-0001/chain.pem' -y

It produced this output: Cannot copy certificate file filelinux:/etc/letsencrypt/live/test.storganisehost.co.uk-0001/cert.pem to temporary file filelinux:/tmp/BAFA1D34-65FE-4814-85EA-31214AD56F26/681449C8-F911-487F-BD71-D0E369531DA0
Error: 20405 (File not found or not accessible.)

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.6 (CentOS)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009 (Core)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Gekko

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes. This is being run as root

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):certbot 1.19.0

You may have to alter the process.

1. when certbot renews the cert
  2. then script copies new cert files to another accessible location
  3. fsadmin certificate runs using the accessible location file copies instead
1 Like

That's a great workaround. Thanks Rudy!

1 Like

Glad to help :slight_smile:
Cheers from Miami :beers:

#FreeCUBA :cuba:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.