Link LetsEncrypt and my FQDN again (unifi)

So the way that script is written, if the .md5 file is there and matches the current private key, it figures the current has been successfully imported and doesn't attempt to try it again. Try deleting that file (rm /etc/letsencrypt/live/unifi.markladage.nl/privkey.pem.md5) and running the script again.

2 Likes

That won't work right now as they are rate limited (see here)

3 Likes

Testing and debugging are best done using the Staging Environment as the Rate Limits are much higher. Rate Limits are per week (rolling).

1 Like

totally agree but I don't know how to instruct them to use it in that script. Do you?

3 Likes

Unfortunately I do not; just wanting make the OP aware there are options and hopefully someone else can help them utilize the Staging Environment.

2 Likes

Running the deploy script doesn't call for issuing a new cert; it's only trying to deploy the existing cert into the Unifi application.

5 Likes

Oh, my bad. I read that script too fast earlier and made wrong assumptions. Thanks for the correction. I think I'll stay off this thread for the good of all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So is it safe to do this?

1 Like

I think danb35 advice is better than mine. I defer to him. Sorry for the confusion.

Do be careful about issuing new certs soon though. You can't get another production cert for that exact name for about 6 days (per the link I provided)

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.