Letsencrypt renewal error

I ran this command:
It produced this output:

My operating system is (include version):
centos 6.5
My web server is (include version):
apache

An error occurs as shown in the screen shot above. Why?

Hi,

The --manual plugin is interactive (it pauses and asks you to perform a task), but letsencrypt-auto renew is designed to be run non-interactively (for example, automatically from cron) and therefore refuses to pause for human interaction.

To perform a renewal that requires interaction, you can’t use letsencrypt-auto renew. Instead, you should use

letsencrypt-auto certonly --force-renewal --cert-name toonipang.com

A difference between this form and letsencrypt-auto renew is that letsencrypt-auto renew only renews certificates if they are near expiry, while with --force-renewal, the command I suggested will renew that specific certificate immediately, regardless of whether it’s near expiry or not.

Hi @pangpang,

You issued your cert using the manual option so to renew it non interactively you need to add the path to a script to option --manual-auth-hook inside the /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/toonipang.com.conf file, this script should be able to perform the same steps that you should perform manually and these steps could be hard to implement in a script.

The other option is to run the same manual command and follow again the instructions interactively... the same as you did the first time.

Cheers,
sahsanu

Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.