Letsencrypt certificate expires in Thunderbird / Firefox

some days ago I renewed all my certificates successfully.
But now I see in Thunderbird and Firefox that the certificate expires on 2017-10-16 (4 days ago).

I got information of my certificate typing the command:
/root/letsencrypt/letsencrypt-auto certificates on my server.

Certificate Name: t2792.greatnet.de
Domains: t2792.greatnet.de www.t2792.greatnet.de
Expiry Date: 2018-01-16 16:01:50+00:00 (VALID: 85 days)
Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/t2792.greatnet.de/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/t2792.greatnet.de/privkey.pem

That tells me, that the certificate should expire on 2018-01-16

Thank you in advance for help.

Did you use certonly mode with the --webroot or --standalone plugins when you first obtained the certificate, or did you choose automatic installation with one of the --apache or --nginx plugins?

Have you tried reloading your web server?

I used a command like this one:
cd /root/letsencrypt
./letsencrypt-auto certonly -a webroot --webroot-path /srv/www/htdocs -d example.com -d www.example.com

Maybe I did not describe my problem exactly:
My server delivers sites over SSL (https://) - that is working without problems.

But on the client side in Thunderbird, in the menuitem preferences/advanced/certificates/properties I see, that the certificate from my server (running dovecot imap server) has expired.

Of course, I checked the path to the certificate in the Dovecot configuration.

Did you restart dovecot?

sudo systemctl restart dovecot

(Apparently a reload is not sufficient.)

Yes I started dovcot in some ways:
rcdovecot restart it is a Suse server
systemctl restart dovecot

I think my question is based on a misunderstanding.

I deleted all that old entries in preferences/advanced/certificates.
These are apparently expired certificates and added exceptions.

After deleting these exceptions, of course I got problems, but problems came from Apparmor on the server. I had to change some paths after having renewed the certificates.
Now I applied the concerning Apparmor profiles and everything is working again.

Firefox and especially Thunderbird now are able to connnect to the server.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.