Letsencrypt-auto always create a new folder for cert renewal

guys, this command, produces always a new folder for certs, why?

/opt/letsencrypt/letsencrypt-auto certonly --webroot --webroot-path=/home/acme/www/ --renew-by-default -d acme.org -d www.acme.org -d mail.acme.org -d mc.acme.org -d alc.acme.org -d mr.acme.org -d wap.acme.org;

every time I launch the script to renew my certs, it creates a new folder like this
/etc/letsencrypt/live/acme.org-0002
/etc/letsencrypt/live/acme.org-0003
/etc/letsencrypt/live/acme.org-0004

it is pretty hard to use those certs if the folder always change.
isn’t it possible to renew certs always in the same folder like
/etc/letsencrypt/live/acme.org

???
thanks

Hi,

This is not a renewal.
The correct renew command is letsencrypt-auto renew.

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @sblantipodi,

This probably means that the destination of some of the symlinks inside /etc/letsencrypt/live has been changed. Could you check with a command like sudo ls -lR /etc/letsencrypt/live?

The other command does produce a forced renewal and might be useful in some narrow circumstances. While I agree that renew is preferable the majority of the time, I don't think the use of this command explains the behavior that @sblantipodi is reporting; it's quite possible that renew will do the same thing.

Now it says that I issued too many certs so I can’t retry.
How many days should I wait after getting the “too many certs” errors?

1 Like

One week. Hopefully you can install/use one of the certificates you just created… providing you get your other problems cleared up.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.