Lets Encrypt returned an empty error for domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: apidocs.bloombox.cloud

I ran this command: LetsEncrypt.register API

It produced this output:

"error": {
  "isOperational": true,
  "cause": {}
}

I tried to register a certificate for this domain and I got the above error from letsEncrypt. After trying multiple times letsEncrypt starts throwing this error

"error":{"cause":{"code":"E_STATUS_CODE","type":"urn:acme:error:malformed","description":{"type":"urn:acme:error:malformed","detail":"Unable to update challenge :: The challenge is not pending.","status":400},"detail":"Unable to update challenge :: The challenge is not pending."},"isOperational":true,"code":"E_STATUS_CODE","type":"urn:acme:error:malformed","description":{"$ref":"$[\"error\"][\"cause\"][\"description\"]"},"detail":"Unable to update challenge :: The challenge is not pending."}

I checked the letsEncrypt supported tlds too and .cloud is allowed there too.

What ACME client/software are you using? At face value this looks like an error caused by the ACME client.

@cpu I am http-01 challangeType.

Hi @pjoshi - that’s the ACME challenge type you are using. What ACME client software are you running to use that challenge type?

@cpu We are using letsEncrypt node module which is older version of greenLock. Hope that is what you are looking for.

You should open a bug report with the developers. It sounds like the client (or your code using the client) is POSTing challenges of an authorization that is likely invalid from a previous challenge attempt that failed, or already valid and being returned based on authorization reuse.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.