Lets Encrypt Refusing to Assign SSL certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: 1) elanmoyal.com 2) drnancykillian.com

I ran this command: My tracking software issues SSL certificate for all my domains. This thins case it is giving me an error message

It produced this output: Screenshot by Lightshot

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

The error in your linked screenshot only says "Let's Encrypt refused to issue an SSL certificate for this domain"

That isn't enough info for us to give advice. You should contact the support team for whatever program you use that failed to get the cert.

I don't see anything wrong with those domains. And, I don't see any reason (like CAA record) that Let's Encrypt would refuse issuance.

Those two domains are handled by a caddy server so the caddy forum may be a good place to get help too.

4 Likes

Hi @theseagull

It would seem able to get a certificate issued crt.sh | 12707997668 and are actually serving that certificate https://decoder.link/sslchecker/track.elanmoyal.com/443

Is this issue resolved?

2 Likes

Those 2 IP reverse to "AWS Global Accelerator". Caddy is still the responding server so these IP (and domain names) feel like some sort of service.

Maybe they did get it resolved since their original post. Good question.

3 Likes