Junked my server. Lost my certificate. Want to reinstall

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:dwccloud.uk

I ran this command: Nothing yet

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): openmediavault 4.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Debian

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): linuxserver/docker-letsencrypt

Hi,

I successfully installed a certificate for my domain and a couple of sub-domains on my OpenMediaVault server over the weekend. Later, while trying to install another docker container, I made a right hash of a config file, got into all sorts of muddle and ended up unable to connect to my server.

I was left with no choice but to go back to a fresh install of Debian and OpenMediaVault. However, in my panic, I forgot to make a copy of my certificates.

By now, you probably understand that you’re dealing with a complete wally.

Anyway, I now have a nice new server set up, but with no access to the existing certificates for my domain and sub-domain. I would like to revoke the certificates and set up new certificates. Is this possible?

I have searched ‘reinstall certificates’, ‘revoke certificates’ and ‘check certificates’, but they all seem to assume that you have some sort of access to the original certificates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @danceswithcats

it’s not required. If you have deleted the private key, then nobody is able to use the certificate. So ignore it. 90 days later, it’s expired.

Your last certificates ( https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=dwccloud.uk ):

CRT-Id Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
1315943324 CN=Let’s Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let’s Encrypt, C=US 2019-03-25 12:30:29 2019-06-23 11:30:29 cloudi.dwccloud.uk, dwccloud.uk, vaulti.dwccloud.uk duplicate nr. 1
1294885059 CN=Let’s Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let’s Encrypt, C=US 2019-03-15 03:07:31 2019-06-13 02:07:31 cloudi.dwccloud.uk, dwccloud.uk
1108100318 CN=Let’s Encrypt Authority X3, O=Let’s Encrypt, C=US 2019-01-13 21:56:35 2019-04-13 20:56:35 cloudi.dwccloud.uk, dwccloud.uk

You have only created one certificate in the last 7 days.

So you can create a new certificate (one, max. 4). This isn’t really a problem.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks, Juergen.

2 Likes