Hello community members!
On Friday, September 17, 2021 we are talking about certificate chains with the one and only Aaron Gable, Boulder Dev extraordinaire. Here’s a link to the invite: Let's Encrypt Chains - Sep 17 | Hopin
We have a few questions already crafted for Aaron to answer (those questions are below) but we would love to get further questions you may have about certificate chains and the upcoming changes. Community leaders, if you have seen a lot of the same question pop up about the chain changes, please share those with us here too.
And join us the day of at the link above (please register - registration is open for 100 people only!) to have many of your questions answered!
- Overview of Subscriber, Intermediate, and Root certificates
- What’s changing in the certificate chain?
- How do browsers interact with the certificate chains?
- How does OpenSSL interact with the certificate chains? Why does this pose a problem for older versions of OpenSSL?
- What platforms are compatible with Let’s Encrypt certificates?
- What is ECDSA? And how is it different from RSA?
Fundraising Specialist at ISRG
PS- we issued 2 billion certificates! So cool! https://twitter.com/letsencrypt/status/1435981637762813955