It looks like the certificate was created but domain times out for https

My domain is: scafacilitywebsites.com

I have 100+ domains but trying to get started with the main one. I did run this on staging server and it works: https://scasurgery-network.com/ also setup a 100+ staging subdomains in the WP network and a few pre-subdomain setup ones single domains.

I ran this command:
sudo certbot --apache

It produced this output:

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Plugins selected: Authenticator apache, Installer apache
Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1: ....
132: ....
Select the appropriate numbers separated by commas and/or spaces, or leave input
blank to select all options shown (Enter 'c' to cancel): 84
Cert not yet due for renewal

You have an existing certificate that has exactly the same domains or certificate name you requested and isn't close to expiry.
(ref: /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/scafacilitywebsites.com.conf)

What would you like to do?
1: Attempt to reinstall this existing certificate
2: Renew & replace the cert (limit ~5 per 7 days)
Select the appropriate number [1-2] then [enter] (press 'c' to cancel): 1
Keeping the existing certificate
Deploying Certificate to VirtualHost /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scafacilitywebsites-le-ssl.conf

Please choose whether or not to redirect HTTP traffic to HTTPS, removing HTTP access.
1: No redirect - Make no further changes to the webserver configuration.
2: Redirect - Make all requests redirect to secure HTTPS access. Choose this for
new sites, or if you're confident your site works on HTTPS. You can undo this
change by editing your web server's configuration.
Select the appropriate number [1-2] then [enter] (press 'c' to cancel): 2
Redirecting vhost in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scafacilitywebsites.conf to ssl vhost in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scafacilitywebsites-le-ssl.conf

Congratulations! You have successfully enabled https://scafacilitywebsites.com

You should test your configuration at:
https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=scafacilitywebsites.com

IMPORTANT NOTES:
 - Congratulations! Your certificate and chain have been saved at:
   /etc/letsencrypt/live/scafacilitywebsites.com/fullchain.pem
   Your key file has been saved at:
   /etc/letsencrypt/live/scafacilitywebsites.com/privkey.pem
   Your cert will expire on 2018-09-13. To obtain a new or tweaked
   version of this certificate in the future, simply run certbot again
   with the "certonly" option. To non-interactively renew *all* of
   your certificates, run "certbot renew"
 - If you like Certbot, please consider supporting our work by:

Donating to ISRG / Let's Encrypt:   https://letsencrypt.org/donate
   Donating to EFF:                    https://eff.org/donate-le

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-31-generic x86_64)
Server version: Apache/2.4.25 (Ubuntu)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

I tried a few times, a couple where I redirect from http to https, but the https times out. Any suggestions for how I can go about debugging. My staging environment is identical (production has a newer version of PHP) and everything went ok on staging.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi @Kaplan,

I think the connection is being blocked by a firewall. I don’t think there’s likely to be a problem on your server itself (although it could conceivably be a host firewall like ufw).

Thank you very much! I was able to contact the provider and they opened the 443 port for me. I managed to create the Certificates for the network of sites.

I did around 10 sites per certificate, so that went well. I just have a ton of QA to work through now.

And I have 1 new question. If I added a certificate and didn't choose to redirect, then I want to add that redirection, how do I 'reset' that? I did a re-install the certificate and choose 2, but then I got:

Do you want to expand and replace this existing certificate with the new
certificate?

The 80 configuration has the redirect in there and I've restarted Apache but the redirect isn't working.

Enhancement redirect was already set.

Any suggestions for how I can reset so that I get the http to https redirection?

Thanks again!
Dave

Hi @Kaplan,

Could you post the associated Apache configuration files?

Here’s the original configuration file

<VirtualHost *:80>
  ServerAdmin dave.kaplan@dept-11.com
  ServerName scafacilitywebsites.com

DocumentRoot /var/www/html/scafacilitywebsites/public_html

<Directory /var/www/html/scafacilitywebsites/public_html>
    # Don't show directory index
    Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews

# Allow .htaccess files
    AllowOverride All

# Allow web access to this directory
    Require all granted
  </Directory>

# Error and access logs
  ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/main_error.log
  CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/main_access.log combined

# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit, alert, emerg.
  LogLevel warn

# PHP-FPM 
  <FilesMatch \.php$>
  SetHandler "proxy:unix:/var/run/php7-fpm-scafacilitywebsites.sock|fcgi://scafacilitywebsites.com"
  </FilesMatch>

RewriteEngine on
  RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} =scafacilitywebsites.com
  RewriteRule ^ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [END,NE,R=permanent]
</VirtualHost>

and the ssl configuration

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
<VirtualHost *:443>

ServerAdmin admin@scafacilitywebsites.com
  ServerName scafacilitywebsites.com

<Directory /var/www/html/scafacilitywebsites/public_html>
    # Don't show directory index
    Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks +MultiViews

# Allow .htaccess files
    AllowOverride All

# Allow web access to this directory
    Require all granted
  </Directory>

# Error and access logs
  ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/errormain.log
  CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/accessmain.log combined

# Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error, crit, alert, emerg.
  LogLevel warn

# PHP-FPM 
  <FilesMatch \.php$>
          SetHandler "proxy:unix:/var/run/php7-fpm-scafacilitywebsites.sock|fcgi://scafacilitywebsites.com"
  </FilesMatch>

Include /etc/letsencrypt/options-ssl-apache.conf
SSLCertificateFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/scafacilitywebsites.com/fullchain.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/letsencrypt/live/scafacilitywebsites.com/privkey.pem
</VirtualHost>
</IfModule>

Interesting; I’d think the redirect would work with that. Are there any other virtual hosts that could be relevant here?

There’s a 000-default.conf file. I was thinking of doing a a2dissite and then re-enabling, but I’m a little nervous about that one.

This is the 000-default

<VirtualHost *:80>
	# The ServerName directive sets the request scheme, hostname and port that
	# the server uses to identify itself. This is used when creating
	# redirection URLs. In the context of virtual hosts, the ServerName
	# specifies what hostname must appear in the request's Host: header to
	# match this virtual host. For the default virtual host (this file) this
	# value is not decisive as it is used as a last resort host regardless.
	# However, you must set it for any further virtual host explicitly.
	#ServerName www.example.com

ServerAdmin dave.kaplan@dept-11.com

# Available loglevels: trace8, ..., trace1, debug, info, notice, warn,
	# error, crit, alert, emerg.
	# It is also possible to configure the loglevel for particular
	# modules, e.g.
	#LogLevel info ssl:warn

ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/default/error.log
	CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/default/access.log combined

# For most configuration files from conf-available/, which are
	# enabled or disabled at a global level, it is possible to
	# include a line for only one particular virtual host. For example the
	# following line enables the CGI configuration for this host only
	# after it has been globally disabled with "a2disconf".
	#Include conf-available/serve-cgi-bin.conf
</VirtualHost>

And a long default-ssl.conf but most of it is commented out.

Could you also post the output of apachectl -S so we could see exactly which configuration files are getting included?

Here's the output. aksurgery would be the first site in the list of domains

AH00526: Syntax error on line 32 of /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aksurgery-le-ssl.conf:
SSLCertificateFile: file '/etc/letsencrypt/live/aksurgery.com/fullchain.pem' does not exist or is empty
Action '-S' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.

I have a test domain I purchased to try out commenting out and and disable/enabling the redirect to see how that works.

I'm unable to access the '/etc/letsencrypt/live/ directory, it says Permission denied.

What do you think?
Dave

Could you repeat the apachectl -S command with sudo, like sudo apachectl -S? Maybe this error in the command is related to not running as root.

Thanks, that worked! I have been installing with sudo certbot --apache so hopefully that’s good.

VirtualHost configuration:
*:443                  is a NameVirtualHost
         default server aksurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aksurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost aksurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aksurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost alaskaspinecenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/alaskaspinecenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost alliancelakemary.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/alliancelakemary-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost alohasurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aloha.scafacilitywebsites-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost amsurgsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/amsurgsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost antelopevalleysurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/antelopevalleysurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost apogeesurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/apogeesurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost arcadiasurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/arcadiasurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost barrancasurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/barrancasurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost bellevillesurgical.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/bellevillesurgical-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost blueridgesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/blueridgesurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost brandonambulatorysurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/brandonambulatorysurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost brasssurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/brasssurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost broslc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/broslc-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost centerforsurgeryencinitas.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/centerforsurgeryencinitas-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost channelislandssurgicenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/channelislandssurgicenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost charlestonsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/charlestonsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost charlottesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/charlottesurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost chatham.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/chatham-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost citrussurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/citrussurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost cleburnesurgical.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/cleburnesurgical-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost clsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/clsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost cmisurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/cmisurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost craigranchsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/craigranchsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost scofconnecticut.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ctsurgcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost ctsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ctsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost danburysurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/danburysurgicalcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost dublinsurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/dublinsurgicalcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost easternregionalsc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/easternregionalsc-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost eyesurgerycenterofthecarolinas.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/eyesurgerycenterofthecarolinas-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost fayettevilleasc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/fayettevilleasc-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost franklinsurgical.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/franklinsurgical-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost ftworthendo.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ftworthendo-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost fwsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/fwsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost gadsdensurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/gadsdensurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost gainesvillesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/gainesvillesurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost glenwoodsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/glenwoodsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost goldentrianglesurgicenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/goldentrianglesurgicenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost grandviewsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/grandviewsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost greensborospecialty.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/greensborospecialty-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost greenvillesurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/greenvillesurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost grossmontsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/grossmontsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost groveplacesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/groveplacesurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost gscfl.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/gscfl-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost hawthornsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/hawthornsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost hhisurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/hhisurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost hoagendo.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/hoagendo-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost inlandsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/inland.scafacilitywebsites-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost lagunaniguelsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/lagunaniguelsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost lavetasurgical.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/lavetasurgical-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost lexingtonsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/lexingtonsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost longbeachoutpatientsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/longbeachoutpatientsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost maitlandsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/maitlandsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost maplewood.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/maplewood-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost marinspecialtysurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/marinspecialtysurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost mcksc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mcksc-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost melbournesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/melbournesurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost memorialcaredigestivecarecenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/memorialcaredigestivecarecenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost merrittislandsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/merrittislandsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost midlandsortho.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/midlandsortho-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost mobilesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mobilesurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost montgomerysurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/montgomerysurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost mscslagunawoods.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mscslagunawoods-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost mtpleasantsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mtpleasant-sca-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost newportmesasurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/newportmesasurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost northbanksurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/northbanksurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost northcoastsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/northcoastsurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost northernrockiessurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/northernrockiessurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost northwestsurgicare.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/northwestsurgicare-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost orangecoastcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/orangecoastcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost oregonoutpatient.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/oregonoutpatientsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost orlandooutpatientsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/orlandooutpatientsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost oscdallas.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/oscdallas-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost outpatientcc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/outpatientcc-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost owensborosurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/owensborosurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost paolisurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/paolisurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost parkwaysurgery.org (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/parkwaysurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost pcslouisville.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pcslouisville-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost perimetersurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/perimetersurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost physiciansplazasurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/physiciansplazasurgicalcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost physicianssurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/physicianssurgicalcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost poconoasc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/poconoasc-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost premierscmichigan.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/premierscmichigan-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost presidiosurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/presidiosurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost prestonplazasurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/prestonplazasurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost pueblosurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pueblosurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost ranchobernardosurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ranchobernardosurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost sandiegoendo.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sandiegoendo-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost santacruzendoscopy.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/santacruz-endoscopy-sca-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scafacilitywebsites-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost scasouthjersey.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scasouthjersey-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost scasurgerynetwork.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scasurgerynetwork-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost scchevychase.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scchevychase-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost scdmeast.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scdmeast-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost scdmwest.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scdmwest-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost scwestover.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scwestover-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost shoalsoutpatientsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/shoalsoutpatientsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost slosurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/slosurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost southcountysurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/southcountysurgicalcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost southwestftwendo.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/southwestftwendo-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost stcsurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/stcsurgicalcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost stonebridgesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/stonebridgesurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost sunergyswflbs.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sunergyswflbs-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost sunergyswflftm.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sunergyswflftm-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost sunergyswflnap.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sunergyswflnap-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost surgecenteroflouisville.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgecenteroflouisville-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost surgerycenteratdoral.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgerycenteratdoral-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost surgerycenteroffairfieldcounty.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgerycenteroffairfieldcounty-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost surgicalcenterofsandiego.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgicalcenterofsandiego-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost surgicarecj.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgicarecj-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost surgicareofhawaii.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgicareofhawaii-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost surgicareofmobile.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgicareofmobile-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost template.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/template.scafacilitywebsites-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost test.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/test.scafacilitywebsites-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost texashealthsurgerycenteralliance.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealth-alliance-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost texashealthsurgerycenterbedford.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealth-bedford-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost texashealthsca.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthsca-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost texashealthscd.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthscd-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost texashealthsurgerycenterparkhill.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthsurgerycenterparkhill-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost texashealthsurgerycenterrockwall.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthsurgerycenterrockwall-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost texashealthsurgerydallas.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthsurgerydallas-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost thosc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/thosc-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost threeriverssurgicalcare.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/threeriverssurgicalcare-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost thscaddison.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/thscaddison-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost tjsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/tjsurgery-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost tuscaloosasurgicalcenter.net (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/tuscaloosasurgicalcenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost uplandoutpatient.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/uplandoutpatient-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost wauwatosasurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/wauwatosasurgerycenter-le-ssl.conf:2)
         port 443 namevhost westcoastendoscopy.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/westcoastendoscopy-le-ssl.conf:2)
*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
         default server scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost aksurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aksurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost alaskaspinecenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/alaskaspinecenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost alliancelakemary.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/alliancelakemary.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost alohasurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/aloha.scafacilitywebsites.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost amsurgsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/amsurgsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost antelopevalleysurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/antelopevalleysurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost apogeesurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/apogeesurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost arcadiasurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/arcadiasurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost barrancasurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/barrancasurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost bellevillesurgical.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/bellevillesurgical.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost blueridgesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/blueridgesurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost brandonambulatorysurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/brandonambulatorysurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost brasssurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/brasssurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost broslc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/broslc.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost centerforsurgeryencinitas.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/centerforsurgeryencinitas.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost channelislandssurgicenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/channelislandssurgicenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost charlestonsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/charlestonsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost charlottesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/charlottesurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost chatham.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/chatham.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost citrussurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/citrussurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost cleburnesurgical.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/cleburnesurgical.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost clsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/clsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost cmisurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/cmisurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost craigranchsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/craigranchsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scofconnecticut.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ctsurgcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost ctsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ctsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost danburysurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/danburysurgicalcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost dublinsurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/dublinsurgicalcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost easternregionalsc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/easternregionalsc.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost eyesurgerycenterofthecarolinas.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/eyesurgerycenterofthecarolinas.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost fayettevilleasc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/fayettevilleasc.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost franklinsurgical.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/franklinsurgical.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost ftworthendo.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ftworthendo.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost fwsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/fwsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost gadsdensurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/gadsdensurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost gainesvillesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/gainesvillesurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost glenwoodsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/glenwoodsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost goldentrianglesurgicenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/goldentrianglesurgicenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost grandviewsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/grandviewsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost greensborospecialty.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/greensborospecialty.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost greenvillesurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/greenvillesurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost grossmontsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/grossmontsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost groveplacesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/groveplacesurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost gscfl.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/gscfl.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost hawthornsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/hawthornsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost hhisurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/hhisurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost hoagendo.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/hoagendo.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost inlandsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/inland.scafacilitywebsites.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost lagunaniguelsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/lagunaniguelsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost lavetasurgical.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/lavetasurgical.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost lexingtonsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/lexingtonsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost longbeachoutpatientsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/longbeachoutpatientsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost maitlandsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/maitlandsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost maplewood.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/maplewood.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost marinspecialtysurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/marinspecialtysurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost mcksc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mcksc.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost melbournesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/melbournesurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost memorialcaredigestivecarecenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/memorialcaredigestivecarecenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost merrittislandsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/merrittislandsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost midlandsortho.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/midlandsortho.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost mobilesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mobilesurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost montgomerysurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/montgomerysurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost mscslagunawoods.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mscslagunawoods.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost mtpleasantsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/mtpleasant-sca.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost newportmesasurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/newportmesasurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost northbanksurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/northbanksurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost northcoastsurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/northcoastsurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost northernrockiessurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/northernrockiessurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost northwestsurgicare.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/northwestsurgicare.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost orangecoastcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/orangecoastcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost oregonoutpatient.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/oregonoutpatientsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost orlandooutpatientsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/orlandooutpatientsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost oscdallas.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/oscdallas.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost outpatientcc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/outpatientcc.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost owensborosurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/owensborosurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost paolisurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/paolisurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost parkwaysurgery.org (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/parkwaysurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost pcslouisville.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pcslouisville.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost perimetersurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/perimetersurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost physiciansplazasurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/physiciansplazasurgicalcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost physicianssurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/physicianssurgicalcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost poconoasc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/poconoasc.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost premierscmichigan.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/premierscmichigan.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost presidiosurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/presidiosurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost prestonplazasurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/prestonplazasurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost pueblosurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pueblosurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost ranchobernardosurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ranchobernardosurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost sandiegoendo.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sandiegoendo.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost santacruzendoscopy.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/santacruz-endoscopy-sca.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scafacilitywebsites.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scasouthjersey.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scasouthjersey.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scasurgerynetwork.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scasurgerynetwork.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scchevychase.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scchevychase.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scdmeast.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scdmeast.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scdmwest.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scdmwest.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost scwestover.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scwestover.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost shoalsoutpatientsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/shoalsoutpatientsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost slosurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/slosurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost southcountysurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/southcountysurgicalcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost southwestftwendo.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/southwestftwendo.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost stcsurgicalcenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/stcsurgicalcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost stonebridgesurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/stonebridgesurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost sunergyswflbs.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sunergyswflbs.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost sunergyswflftm.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sunergyswflftm.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost sunergyswflnap.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/sunergyswflnap.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost surgecenteroflouisville.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgecenteroflouisville.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost surgerycenteratdoral.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgerycenteratdoral.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost surgerycenteroffairfieldcounty.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgerycenteroffairfieldcounty.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost surgicalcenterofsandiego.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgicalcenterofsandiego.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost surgicarecj.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgicarecj.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost surgicareofhawaii.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgicareofhawaii.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost surgicareofmobile.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/surgicareofmobile.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost template.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/template.scafacilitywebsites.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost test.scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/test.scafacilitywebsites.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost texashealthsurgerycenteralliance.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealth-alliance.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost texashealthsurgerycenterbedford.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealth-bedford.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost texashealthsca.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthsca.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost texashealthscd.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthscd.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost texashealthsurgerycenterparkhill.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthsurgerycenterparkhill.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost texashealthsurgerycenterrockwall.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthsurgerycenterrockwall.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost texashealthsurgerydallas.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/texashealthsurgerydallas.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost thosc.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/thosc.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost threeriverssurgicalcare.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/threeriverssurgicalcare.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost thscaddison.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/thscaddison.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost tjsurgery.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/tjsurgery.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost tuscaloosasurgicalcenter.net (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/tuscaloosasurgicalcenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost uplandoutpatient.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/uplandoutpatient.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost wauwatosasurgerycenter.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/wauwatosasurgerycenter.conf:1)
         port 80 namevhost westcoastendoscopy.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/westcoastendoscopy.conf:1)
ServerRoot: "/etc/apache2"
Main DocumentRoot: "/var/www/html"
Main ErrorLog: "/var/log/apache2/error.log"
Mutex ssl-stapling: using_defaults
Mutex proxy: using_defaults
Mutex ssl-cache: using_defaults
Mutex default: dir="/var/run/apache2/" mechanism=default 
Mutex watchdog-callback: using_defaults
Mutex rewrite-map: using_defaults
Mutex ssl-stapling-refresh: using_defaults
PidFile: "/var/run/apache2/apache2.pid"
Define: DUMP_VHOSTS
Define: DUMP_RUN_CFG
User: name="www-data" id=33
Group: name="www-data" id=33

These lines look like they might point to the issue I’m having?

*:443                  is a NameVirtualHost
         default server aksurgery.com 

*:80                   is a NameVirtualHost
         default server scafacilitywebsites.com (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf:1)

Bam Seth!!!

I added the redirect to the 80 of the /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf and I’m getting the redirect on the main domain now!

Thank you so much!!

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{SERVER_NAME} =scafacilitywebsites.com
RewriteRule ^ https://%{SERVER_NAME}%{REQUEST_URI} [END,NE,R=permanent]

This might mean that you have two different places where the hosting for scafacilitywebsites.com on port 80 is defined. That is, in both /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/scafacilitywebsites.conf and /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf. This might be confusing Apache in a probably-harmless way, and might have confused Certbot in a more significant way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.