Is there a free WordPress plugin that uses Let's Encrypt for SSL?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this (let me know). Is there a free WordPress plugin that uses Let's Encrypt for SSL? Basically I install it and it automates the SSL cert process? My apologies if this has been asked before. Just looking for some direction. :slight_smile:

Hello @ZHMorningstar, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is a list of ACME Client Implementations - Let's Encrypt, you are welcome to read through it and see if any meet your needs.

1 Like

I don't think it includes WordPress plugins :roll_eyes:

@ZHMorningstar The problem usually is: WordPress shouldn't have access to the webserver, so it cannot install the certificate, even if it was able to issue one. Please explain your situation in more detail by providing the answers to the questionnaire which should have popped up when you opened this thread in the Help section. That way we might be able to figure something out, with or without a WordPress plugin.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

4 Likes

Like this? WP Encryption – One Click Free SSL Certificate & SSL / HTTPS Redirect to Force HTTPS, SSL Score – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Yes there have been WordPress plugins to provide certs for several years, so they should be easy to find. You still have to control the server, so you probably couldn't use it on a hosted WordPress solution where you don't have admin control.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.