Invalid Response from well-known/acme-challenge with .acme.sh/acme.sh --issue -d typing12.com

Thanks for letting me know.

You are right. I got the SSL via SSL Certificate Generator: Free letsencrypt SSL in minutes - PunchSalad. The tool was built on top of Afosto's Acme client. The PunchSalad Tool provided me a validation file, I uploaded it to .well-known/acme-challange folder and The PunchSalad Tool verified it. It was not working at that moment but now it is working fine.

1 Like

You never did try this exact command. What does it show?

4 Likes

I would recommend NOT using PunchSalad.

3 Likes

Hi @MikeMcQ and @rg305,

Thank you so much for your help.

I tried once this command it showed invalid directory error but today magically this command run successfully and generated the certificate. I am going to use this one instead of Punched Salad as recommended by @rg305.

Can you please tell me how to make it auto renew?

Thanks

1 Like

That's very good.

What do you currently do to get your server to send out a new cert? For example, do you need to copy/paste the cert info to a panel?

3 Likes

Yes, I copy and paste the certificate in cpanel. I can also upload it.

I have a Cron Jobs option in namecheap cpanel, which I think can be used for automation of SSL certificates?

Yes, you can automate getting the cert with a cron job. But, you will have to manually copy/paste the new cert into that panel (or upload it). So, it might be easier just to run the command each time. Up to you.

I see you got a new cert about a half-hour ago. But, your server is still not sending it out. Did you upload or copy/paste today's cert?

3 Likes

@vuumar I see your server is now sending the new cert from today. That's great.

If you want people to be able to specify www.typing12.com so they get redirected to typing12 you need to change the command to:

.acme.sh/acme.sh --issue -d typing12.com -d www.typing12.com -w /home/umardd/public_html

Right now anyone trying your www domain will get an error message.

Oh, and acme.sh may have already setup a cron job for you. See their docs:

4 Likes

Hi @MikeMcQ

Thanks for prompt help and assistance.

I was wondering why www.typing12.com is still not secure. Thanks, you answered it in advance. Using the above command, I generated certificate for www.typing12.com and uploaded it. Now it is working fine.

There is only one Cron Job which was created for another domain. Here is the contents of the said job.
"/home/umardd/.acme.sh"/acme.sh --cron --home "/home/umardd/.acme.sh" > /dev/null

Does this one job work for all domain renewal or there should be separate job for each domain?

2 Likes

I am not expert with acme.sh and not sure details of its cron config but I believe it renews all certs

Need to wait for another volunteer or visit acme.sh github

3 Likes

That is the default cron entry for acme.sh; And it will renew all certs [as needed].

3 Likes

@rg305

Thanks for the clarification.

I was using ZeroSSL server as default then I switched to Let'sEncrypt . Will the cron entry still work for certificates issued earlier and with Let'sEncrypt server?

1 Like

The renewals will be done based on where the certs were issued from.

4 Likes

Hi @MikeMcQ and @rg305

Thanks for the awesome help. You people explained everything in an understanding way.

The problem is solved and I have selected the solution to help other people using the solution. Thanks again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.