Installed, but not fully secured

As written: That's not possible. They may have changed your WordPress setup.

There was a correct working Letsencrypt certificate.

Mixed content isn't a certificate problem, that's a basic know how.

1 Like

ZetaRevan was correct, he noticed the mixed content and the server was pulling the insecure images causing the issue. Yes there was a Letsencrypt cert installed, I am aware I installed it. When it was there, any given browser would load the same way, for a split second you could see the lock icon show, then would the lock icon would disappear. The info icon would show and say insecure images… And again, before I posted this help topic, I did already know enough to check the word press settings, both fields had httpS. Bottom line, I couldn’t get it to work, and spent many hours trying to resolve and could not. ZetaRevan pointed out what I already knew, and he provided the screen shots to back it up. but I had no how to correct. after staying up ALL night, and not getting anywhere with a solution, I had to stop, so i caved and spent money I really didn’t have. But its fixed now, and godaddy gave me two years for the price of one for a managed ssl. What will be interesting for me is, when the ssl expires, i will try a free ssl again, I hope it will work. One thing I do want to mention, godaddy did go into my files and cleaned up and changed files that were not secure to secure, I assume by just renaming, and adding the letter S.

I think they downloaded them and reuploaded them, but in anycase, so long as its working is the main thing.

For sure research this a bit before their SSL management expires and try using only Lets Encrypt next time - it has given me a few head aches but it does so much heavy lifting and its free!

As long as you’re happy and the certs are working tho!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.