Install and run certbot on Synology DS210j (DSM 5.2.x)

I’m not sure, if I’m right here with my question. But…

I would like to install certbot on my Synology NAS (DS210j, DSM 5.2.x). I already cloned the certbot-project from github. Now, always I run the script, following errors occure:
Sorry, I don’t know how to bootstrap Certbot on your operating system!

You will need to install OS dependencies, configure virtualenv, and run pip install manually.
Please see https://letsencrypt.readthedocs.org/...#prerequisites
for more info.

pyhton 2.7.x is already installed. Augeas I already cloned from github. the other ones (virtualenv, pip), I don’t know how to install (or to check) on DSM 5.2.x.
bash is not installed yet.

I dont’ have any idea, what’s the point. What I have to do to get a certificate (and auto-renew) on my DS210j.

I already tried with acme.sh. It runs without any problems, but I got a freedns-subdomain. And with acme.sh it’s not possible to get a certificate on a subdomain from Freedns.

Maybe here someone can help me.

You can use acme.sh in --standalone mode.

I believe certbot is not able to issue cert from freedns too.

@Neilpang : It works! Thank you.
I got a new cert with following command:

acme.sh --issue --tls -d "subdomain.domain.tld" (--force)

Now, I just need a way to auto-install the new cert on synology. Currently, it doesn’t update automaticaly on synology dsm.
Do you (or anybody else) know where I have to copy the cert files on dms5? And is it enough to copy or is there more to do?

Because I found a possible path (/usr/syno/etc/ssl/…). But I’m not sure.

I got it.
Following command issue/renew my certificate on Synology DSM 5.2.x

acme.sh --issue --tls -k 4096 -d _"subdomain.domain.tld"_ --cert-file /usr/syno/etc/ssl/ssl.crt/server.crt --key-file /usr/syno/etc/ssl/ssl.key/server.key

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.