Icewarp Email Server - "Error when requesting challenges for domain verification"

I am using Icewarp’s feature to request a ceritificate from Let’s Encrypt.

My domain requested in the cert is: imap.mark-roberts.com

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: bluehost, imap subdomain redirects to 12.29.12.91 which is where our email server is hosted. Port 80 is open.

1 Like

Welcome to the Let’s Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for supplying the information you have. There is probably additional detail available for the error you received. Can you post the full response, if there’s more.

1 Like

edit: I looked at the Icewarp logs and I found the error:

ACME Exception: Error requesting challenges 403 urn:acme:error:unauthorized Error creating new authz :: Validations for new domains are disabled in the VI API

1 Like

There was a link (below) in the error. I'm currently searching for a solution for this.

1 Like

Your ACME client is outdated. You need an ACMEv2 client. There are a number of choices, including by own (Open ACME), though it is currently being updated.

Thank you.

I am using the feature built in IceWarp to request a certificate. I have contacted their support on how to update the ACME client.

1 Like

Sounds like a good idea. Are you limited to their offering?

I could manually import a certificate. I will look into the documentation on how to do it with Let’s Ecrypt with certbot on manual mode on windows.

1 Like

Perhaps:

certbot certonly --manual -d domain.com,www.domain.com,... --preferred-challenges dns --dry-run

The --dry-run is purely for testing your process.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.