I have a cpanel with tsohost (now GoDaddy) and they no longer have instructions to upload let's encrypt ssl certificates

Thanks, in the end after trying to communicate with tsohost, as it is difficult as I do not understand the techy lang. In the end I could upload the certif but not redirect so they suggested to put the plugin really simple ssl and force the https from the websites. which I did.
the final thing you mentioned was to make sure the public could not reach inside website , Is there a way to see if it is ok or not ?
thanks

2 Likes

Why install a plugin rather than just follow the instructions in the link above?

2 Likes

With your having installed a plugin, I'm not exactly sure what your site is now doing in terms of SSL maintenance. The comment I made before was regarding the use of CertSage for embedded/addon domain names. This post clearly explains the issue there and how to deal with it.

3 Likes

Hi, I really do appreciate your help as I would not have got as far as I have. I did look several times at the link you sent about solved force https redirect... I went to the cpanel - and found all the domains/addons but i could not change anything (see screen shot) and I did not understand the box info at each site for on and off force https redirect eg.- you can not activate HTTPS redirect because autossl is not currently active for this domain or the ssl certificate is not valid. So I tried to find out what this meant and had to contact the help at tsohost and their advice was plugin. I do apologise for my lack of techy lang and understanding. I would rather follow your advice as then I would have the step by step process which I could repeat everytime. it was the panel that stopped me (see image), what could I do ?

2 Likes

While we wait for his reply...
At first glance, those names appear to be duplicated.
But that seems unlikely, so, I surmise they are the "www" of the names shown below them.
And the error message makes it clear that a valid cert is required before HTTPS redirection is allowed.
If that is the case, then those sites seem to be missing the "www" from their certs OR the panel isn't reading the certs correctly.
[just my observation]

2 Likes

No issued certificates:

Issued certificates expired:

Issued certificates valid and installed:

Before we go any further though, do you have AutoSSL in your cPanel?

2 Likes

I hit the same problem with TSOHOST, in the short-term I fixed it with CertSage but the need to renew quarterly, although easy is an extra task. I felt badly let down by tso not just for withdrawing LetsEncrypt but also for doing so with no warning - so suddenly my site was displaying an "insecure" alert. I took this as the final push I needed to move sites to better hosting (not part of the GoDaddy empire).

5 Likes

#MeToo! I look after my brass band's website, which I kept on TsoHost after they took over 5quidhost because they're local and offered free charity hosting. I only discovered they'd been taken over by GoDaddy when I got the warning message about the certificate expiring soon. I'm now mid-way through transferring the site to Krystal.uk, to carry on using Let's Encrypt, hence was looking for info on transferring from cPanel to cPanel.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.