I don't know where to go from here

My domain is: slanted.info

I am using an AWS EC2, with Amazon’s Linux Distro. I do have root access, and I access it through ssh.

I attempted to run the certbot, which successfully gave me the files.

-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
MIIGYjR6Tmkulc ect
-----END CERTIFICATE-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
KOqkqm57TH2H3eDJAkSnh6/DNFu0Qg== ect
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

But I do not know where to go from here. I have the ports opened to the server, and when I type in https, it just drops me back down to HTTP, and throws up the “not secure” in the URL bar.

Is there something else I need to do (like registering the certificate or something?)

Thanks!

You really need to fill out this, most importantly, what command did you run?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

1 Like

I ran:
sudo /opt/letsencrypt/letsencrypt-auto certonly --debug --webroot -w /var/www/html -d sla nted.info -d www.slanted.info --config /etc/letsencrypt/config.ini --agree-tos
and it seems to have succeeded, at least it did not throw any errors.

I am using Amazon’s Linux distribution with Apache and certbot 1.3.0

Your command “certbot certonly” asks for a certificate but does not install it.

If you want to install the certificate too you should omit certonly

Right now, run certbot install to install the certificate. (other options has you wish)

1 Like

It works! Thank you so much you are my hero lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.