I deleted the folder /etc/letsencrypt

I was not able to renew my certificates and I deleted everything, I need to start over again and reinstall everything. How I can generate the keys?

My domain is: bivucu.com

I ran this command: sudo nginx -t

It produced this output: nginx: [emerg] cannot load certificate "/etc/letsencrypt/live/bivucu.com/fullchain.pem": BIO_new_file() failed (SSL: error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory:fopen('/etc/letsencrypt/live/bivucu.com/fullchain.pem','r') error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file)
nginx: configuration file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf test failed

My web server is (include version): nginx, laest version

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: namecheap.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No control panel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 0.40.0

2 Likes

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Liviu :slightly_smiling_face:

To begin, you will need to remove any references to the certificate and its private key from your nginx configuration then reload nginx (sudo nginx -s reload).

What is the output of:

sudo nginx -T

2 Likes

Is that least OR latest?
[huge difference - LOL]

Actually saying anything aside from the actual version number is undesirable.

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks for help but I took radical measures, I killed the server entirely on Digital Ocean and I created a new one and redeployed everything again from scratch.
It is working now.

Liviu.

3 Likes

Glad it's working. :blush:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.