I cant renew my cert

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: pomorze.travel

I ran this command: certbot certificates

It produced this output: Renewal configuration file /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/pomorze.travel.conf produced an unexpected error: target /etc/letsencrypt/archive/pomorze.travel/cert2.pem of symlink /etc/letsencrypt/live/pomorze.travel/cert.pem does not exist. Skipping.

My web server is (include version): express node

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: ovh.com

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): 0.37.2

log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log:

2020-03-30 17:19:10,234:DEBUG:certbot.main:certbot version: 0.37.2
2020-03-30 17:19:10,234:DEBUG:certbot.main:Arguments:
2020-03-30 17:19:10,234:DEBUG:certbot.main:Discovered plugins: PluginsRegistry(PluginEntryPoint#manual,PluginEntryPoint#null,PluginEntryPoint#standalone,PluginEntryPoint#webroot)
2020-03-30 17:19:10,264:DEBUG:certbot.log:Root logging level set at 20
2020-03-30 17:19:10,275:INFO:certbot.log:Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
2020-03-30 17:19:10,281:WARNING:certbot.cert_manager:Renewal configuration file /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/pomorze.travel.conf produced an unexpected error: target /etc/letsencrypt/archive/pomorze.travel/cert2.pem of symlink /etc/letsencrypt/live/pomorze.travel/cert.pem does not exist. Skipping.
2020-03-30 17:19:10,282:DEBUG:certbot.cert_manager:Traceback was:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/cert_manager.py”, line 79, in certificates
renewal_candidate = storage.RenewableCert(renewal_file, config)
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/storage.py”, line 466, in init
self._check_symlinks()
File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/certbot/storage.py”, line 528, in _check_symlinks
“not exist”.format(target, link))
CertStorageError: target /etc/letsencrypt/archive/pomorze.travel/cert2.pem of symlink /etc/letsencrypt/live/pomorze.travel/cert.pem does not exist

Someone modified the symbolic link mentioned or deleted/modified files or filenames in /etc/letsencrypt/archive/pomorze.travel/. Please check the latter directory for the latest certX.pem where X is the highest number and update the symbolic link /etc/letsencrypt/live/pomorze.travel/cert.pem to point to that latest certX.pem file.

@cassubian, you need to take a deep breath and stop freaking out because you don’t understand things. If you don’t understand things, you can study them.

I just don’t know servers, certbot script didn’t work and I don’t know what to do. I don’t know servers !!!

I’m afraid I will exceed the limit

I have carried out your commands and I have a mistake at all, I am farther than closer

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.