HOWTO: ACME-v2 DNS-Challenge with Strato

Hi everyone,
i am not quite sure if this is the right place to post this… Please move if it is not!
I want to share a short “How-To” because I had quite a few problems with getting DNS-Challange to work for my domain wich is managed by strato. My Problem was to create those two TXT-Records whithin strato’s DNS-Settings: The solution was to set “_acme-challenge” (without quotationmarks :wink: ) as “Prefix” and this rather “random” string as value. This solved my problem with getting TXT-Records to work. Even the “technical-support” at Strato did not managed to figure this out!

Hope this helps in case!
Lukas

2 Likes

Thank u. I struggled about the same problem. One additional hint: Both(!) TXT records must be set. I started with just one and changed the value when certbot asked, so the cerification failed. I tried again an finished with two identically named prefixes and different values - result: Certificate created :+1:

Many thanks for your post and the howto - I struggled as well and finally gave up. Just a short question: You have to set TXT records manually via the WebIF or did you figure out a way to do this automatically with a script? Otherwise, those entries would need to be set every 90 days, if I am not mistaken…

I set the records manually. I did not try to write a script to automate and for me it is perfectly fine to set these records manually every 90 days for one domain.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.