How to acme challenge with Website runnning Apache, Django and FreeBSD

thank you, I am done working on it for now unless I get some serious answers then I will try it on my other django application... but otherwise I will kick back finish the rest of that project and will be all ears for answers...

2 Likes

If you're running Apache, you might be interested in mod_md. It's an Apache module taking care of all the certificate stuff. Not sure however if it's available on FreeBSD.

3 Likes

Or whether it would play nice with django

3 Likes

I'm not that familiar with mod_md, but I assumed it's a layer "above" the whole WSCGI stuff configured in a regular VirtualHost. I.e.: the challenge request doesn't even get there.

But as I said, not that much experience with mod_md, so I might be wrong here.

1 Like

Maybe so. They could even try the TLS-ALPN-01 in mod_md

5 Likes

they are all available you just download put it in the folder and then load it in apache... that's what I did with the other one I added for python mod_wsgi maybe?

Seems mod_md already comes with Apache 2.4 on FreeBSD since 2020: GitHub - icing/mod_md: Let's Encrypt (ACME) in Apache httpd

5 Likes

mod_md/src/mod_md.c at master ยท icing/mod_md (github.com) I looked at the code but I didn't see anything that was linux specific aka systemd but you're right mod_md is part of apache already bundled by default...

you're right, I would just have to enable it without installing anything

If you're interested :slight_smile:

I've heared positive experiences with mod_md, but haven't tried it myself.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.