How to acme challenge with Website runnning Apache, Django and FreeBSD

Ok, then sticking to your concern...
May we see the current vhost?:

2 Likes

thank you it's working now ... :slight_smile: https://emplois.kagan.ch Connexion | Site d’administration de Django

1 Like

if you look above I shared the apache configuration file vhosts but the problem is solved thank you....

1 Like

How did you fix it?

5 Likes

:slight_smile: :slightly_smiling_face:
I reread the documents on letsencrypt and used the following application :slightly_smiling_face:
candango/automatoes: A Let's Encrypt/ACME client based on Manuale. You can keep being manual but we're automated also. (github.com)

Thank you for the assistance I tried a lot of things and finally got something to work... specifically Osiris, rg305, MikeMcQ ...

1 Like

Hm, still a little bit puzzled. Why would that ACME client suddenly work while Certbot didn't?

1 Like

acme client did not work ... manuale worked...

"manuale" is an ACME client. One of many, like Certbot is an ACME client too. As is django-letsencrypt.

1 Like

Just curious ... did you use the manuaLE method of creating a TXT record in your DNS?

4 Likes

yes that's correct... my logic was that number 1 they made it in specific languages for a reason and #2 that each language would have an appropriate solution since they likely work on similar types of projects...

1 Like

Ah, Certbot also offers a manual method. Just know you cannot auto-renew with manual methods. Sometimes that is your only option and maybe that is so with your config.

We were working towards a method which would allow auto-renew. But, I'm still not sure how we'd get you there :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well the stress of time is off I am still interested... at least now I can work on building the website and do not have to have the stupid distraction that oh the website is insecure. are you trying to hack me , I cannot visit website without ssl certification we are not allowed, what is this, no you need to type http:// ... don't just type emplois.kagan... etc.. and will be able to present the website without issues...

2 Likes

Yes, I understand. If you wish more comments you should un-check rg305's post as the Solution. Volunteers won't as likely contribute since you have marked this as solved.

4 Likes

un-solved - LOL

2 Likes

ok thank you... I don't know if unchecked is correct because the problem is solved :smiley: ... but like you said there might be a better solution although honestly I can't say I require it although I would be interested in knowing a better one... maybe it's better to leave it as solved not to stress the volunteers ...

The problem wasn't solved.
You simply implemented a workaround [the problem].
But the initial problem remains.

The pace to the eventual solution is in your hands.
As long as you keep replying, we will keep trying.

3 Likes

my problem was solved though :smiley: all I needed was that workaround... that does not seem like a compromised workaround in any way... I wouldn't mind to know a better solution but this is just for further scope and understanding it's not required in any way...

I kind of disagree.
The topic title isn't "How can I get a cert [quickly]?"
It asks:
"How to acme challenge with Website runnning Apache, Django and FreeBSD"

Which I don't think we have solved yet.

3 Likes

correct but the title was based on the fact that I didn't know that there was another option for certification as the one I did ... :slight_smile: but I'm happy now and would love to hear the answer to the original question... it's just for my benefit I am not going to lose sleep on it like I did last night up to late hours, etc.. had to delete so many different personal videos to make space for all the bad attempts where they required rustc , this that... ,etc..

1 Like

Again, the pace is in your hands.
We can continue as slowly as you would like.
[so long as there is activity in the topic under 30 days, it will not close automatically]

2 Likes