Heroku and providing SSL coverage across multiple Custom Domains

I’ve been trying to figure out how to easily manage many SSL Certs on a single Heroku app. I have a SaaS platform which allows clients to use custom domains and would like to provide “global” SSL coverage if possible - very similar to what Wordpress.com just did.

Has anyone had experience with this sort of setup? Is it event possible?

@schoen do you have any insight on this? We’d love to use LetsEncrypt to secure our clientbase of custom domains on Heroku!

@cman77, can you explain a little bit more about what you’re hoping to do?

Hi @schoen. I have an app on Heroku that has multiple domains that resolve to it. Heroku only allows a single SSL endpoint per app. Is there a way to use LetEncrypt to create a multiple domains certificate, and add/remove domains as we add/drop customers with custom domains? We basically want to do what Wordpress.com just did and give all our clients https.

Thanks!

Yes, requesting a certificate that covers multiple domains is a basic feature in our Python client (you can specify a list of names to request with -d). If you need to make changes very frequently, though, you might run into a rate limit problem:

If the rate limits aren't a problem for you, then you should be able to do what you want.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.