Help with SSL certificate for Firebase website

My domain is: www.cucoloris.pictures

I'm trying to get an SSL certificate for my website but I don't know what to put in the certbot because he used Firebase and the domain is hosted on Google Domains but neither are listed in the options. I'll attach pictures of my DNS setup. Sorry I don't know much about all this! My friend built the website on Firebase but he also doesn't know how to get a certificate because he's also still learning everything. Thank you for your help!

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Chrome? Version 92.0.4515.107

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Firebase?

1 Like

Here's the other DNS screenshot

If you're hosting your website with Firebase Pages, then you don't need to do anything to get an SSL certificate. That is all handled for you automatically.

For example, visit https://cucoloris.pictures. You will see that you already have a certificate.

If you want to get www.cucoloris.pictures working, that is a separate question.

The problem there is that you have set up this DNS record in Google Domains:

www.cucoloris.pictures. 3600    IN      CNAME   151.101.1.195.

This is not correct. It either needs:

• to be an A record (rather than CNAME), or
  • if you want to use a CNAME, then you need to set the CNAME target to cucoloris.pictures, not to the IP address.
1 Like

O thank you! I've changed the CNAME target to cucoloris.pictures but it still shows a warning when I open "www.cucoloris.pictures" in Safari (see below). Isn't that a certification issue?

Yes, but you may need to wait a day or two for Firebase to re-issue the certificate, now that you have fixed the DNS issue.

1 Like

In the meantime, I think the site seems to be working without the "www".
[while you wait for the "www" to be added to the cert]

You mentioned certbot but it seems that you don't really need to run it.

You were right! It works now :slight_smile: Thanks so much!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.