Здравствуйте! Hello!

Здравствуйте! Не знаю сможете ли вы помочь мне. Использую сервер в хостинг компании. В панели isp manager установлен Let’s Encrypt. Живем в России, у нас здесь есть кириллические, длинные домены. Домены такие как например: автономная-канализация-в-доме.рус, канализация-загородный-дом.рф и другие. Проблема в том что коротким я смог добавить ssl сертификат, а вот к длинным - нет. Ограничение на количество символов в поле. В технической поддержке сказали что это ограничение самого Let’s Encrypt. Можно ли как-то решить проблему для нас Россиян ? То еть сделать например 500 символов. Спасибо.

(Скриншот прикрепил в самом низу)

Hello! Don’t know if you can help me. Use the server in the hosting company. Panel isp manager installed Let’s Encrypt. I live in Russia, we have here the Cyrillic, long domains. Domains such as: self-drainage-in-house.Rus, sewage country house.Russia and others. The problem is that short I was able to add a ssl certificate, but for long - no. The limit on the number of characters in the field. Technical support said that this is a limitation of the Let’s Encrypt. Is there a way to solve the problem for us Russians ? Then et to make for example 500 characters. Thank you.

Screenshot attached

^^^ this translates into автономная-канализация-в-доме.рус, which as you can see is much less than 255 characters. Could you please explain why you need more?

In any case the 255 characters limitation has nothing to do with let's encrypt. It is simply not possible to have a domain name longer than that, because it would violate RFC 2181 Section 11 and also RFC 3986 section 3.2.2.

You also might be interested in RFC 3492 that explains how non-ASCII characters are encoded for use in URLs.

Короче, let's encrypt тут не при чём, потому что Ваши доменные имена совершенно очевидно короче 255 символов, иначе Вы бы их просто не смогли зарегестрировать, так что все вопросы к Вашему провайдеру.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.