Having Trouble installing certs

This is what I see :

root@192-53-160-247:/etc/nginx/sites-enabled# ls
reverse-proxy.conf

That's weird, why wouldn't it pop up in the output earlier:

Very weird.. Anyway, it still depends on what the configuration file does and if you want it enabled or not.

3 Likes

Since /etc/nginx/sites-enabled only has that file, where do I put my url?

You mean your hostname(s)? I don't know, as I don't know the purpose nor contents of reverse-proxy.conf.

3 Likes

Just trying to figure out how to get the cert working.

The server_name www.captainnemo.icu captainnemo.icu; directive goes into the configuration file you want to enable SSL on. (And of course you want to listen to those hostnames.)

3 Likes

Please explain like I'm 5. This is the first time I've worked with Nginx or certs. I need to know exactly what needs to go where.

1 Like

Change server_name localhost; to server_name www.captainnemo.icu captainnemo.icu; in reverse-proxy.conf, reload nginx and try installing the cert again.

4 Likes

That worked.

Deploying certificate
Successfully deployed certificate for captainnemo.icu to /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/reverse-proxy.conf
Successfully deployed certificate for www.captainnemo.icu to /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/reverse-proxy.conf

Thanks @Osiris

2 Likes

Because the grep searched through all folders - even the sites-available folder [which has that file that isn't being used]

As shown by the nginx -T output.

3 Likes

If the file was in /sites-available/ and /sites-enabled/, then the grep output would show both, right? Even if it are symlinks?

I mean, I would have expected:

/etc/nginx/sites-available/reverse-proxy.conf:        server_name localhost;
/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/reverse-proxy.conf:        server_name localhost;

Yeah, I missed the last few lines in that output, it was there.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.