Google mirror for Oak2023 log

Hi,

I use a Google mirror of the Oak logs to get certificates in the previous year's log. I am thinking about using Google mirrors to get certificates from this year's log. Could you me know if there is a mirror for the Oak2023 log?

Thanks for your help,
Lucy

2 Likes

Hi,
I download certificates in logs so I can keep a record of my organizations certificates.

Lucy

Google usually mirrors all logs that Chrome depends on. I will double check the status of their mirroring later today.

Please feel free to directly use the Oak 2023 log as well, though it may not be as fast to scrape as the google mirrors.

6 Likes

Thanks for your help. I will try using the Oak 2023 log directly.

Lucy

4 Likes

When I downloaded 50 blocks of 256 leaf nodes each, I got 10+ 503 errors. So I suspect that I reached some sort of rate limit. Is this correct, or am I mistaken? I was using the Oak 2023 log directly. My goal is to get the certificates I'm looking for well before the log is deleted.

Lucy

There is rate-limiting; you may have to slow down by inserting a sleep of some sort between blocks.

3 Likes

We'll follow up with Google to see if we can get them to mirror 2023 and later logs as well.

5 Likes

Thanks for your help.

4 Likes

Even with inserting a sleep between blocks, I still got 503 errors. I would like to try using a Google mirror of the Oak 2023 log if one exists.

Thanks for your help,
Lucy

2 Likes

Google has started mirroring the 2023 log.

https://ct.googleapis.com/logs/eu1/mirrors/letsencrypt_oak2023/ct/v1/get-sth

4 Likes

Thanks @mcpherrinm. Your help is much appreciated.

Lucy

1 Like

FYI - A while back I stopped looking certificates for my organization in the Oak 2022 log.

Lucy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.