Generate cert for multiple subdomains when not all are HTTP accessible

Hi,

i’m trying to generate a certificate for a domain of mine and multiple subdomains of it. The problem i’m suffering is that some of these domains are not available through HTTP service. For example i would liek to get a certificate for:

example.com, example.foo, example.bar, www.example.com, www . example.foo, www . example.bar <- Those domains are available through HTTP service - ie nginx - and there’s no problem at all.

hostname.example.com, hostname.example.bar, hostname.example.bar, mail.example.com, mail.example.bar, mail.example.foo, smtp.example.com, smtp.example.bar, smtp.example.fooo and so on: Those subdomains are not available through HTTP.

Does anyone know how could i proceed in order to generate these certificate for those domains/subdomains avoiding to use --manual option? Maybe i could create some kind of txt on DNS zone?

I’ve also seen these - Boulder github.com/letsencrypt/boulder - repository but still don’t know if it could help me.

Thanks!

There is a DNS based challenge but the official client doesn’t support it, one that does is letsencrypt.sh.

Thanks a lot for the reply. :slight_smile: I finally managed to generate the certificate through the official client.