Fetch to .well-known/acme-challenge times out

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: goodnewsnexus.com

I ran this command: sudo -S certbot-auto --verbose --agree-tos --non-interactive --text --redirect --reinstall --apache --expand --webroot-path /var/www/html --email xxx@yyy.com -d newhictest.goodnewsnexus.com,thehouseofpraisetest.goodnewsnexus.com

It produced this output:IMPORTANT NOTES:

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 14.04.5

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: AWS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): No

You need to allow traffic on port 80 and not just 443. The HTTP-01 challenge always uses port 80 (it will happily follow a redirect to port 443, but it will always connect to port 80 first).

I have port 80 open for traffic coming from my IP. Do I need to open it up to Anywhere?
Funny thing about the error is that the other subdomain resolved successfully.

Yes, you need to open it up to anywhere. The Let’s Encrypt validation servers (whose IP addresses are intentionally not listed anywhere) must be able to access it.

Thanks so much! I temporarily opened it to Anywhere and it worked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.