Failed domain control validation: domain does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet and the domain resolves perfectly

Iam trying to install an SSL certificate on the .ke domains but they indicate that the do not resolve to any IPv4 address and they resolve efficiently e.g.

The domain “phones4u.ke” failed domain control validation: “phones4u.ke” does not resolve to any IPv4 addresses on the internet.

From the DNS checker, it resolve to an IP address

Please advise. Iam installing from WHM cPanel

Are you the root administrator on the WHM/cPanel server?

This error comes from cPanel’s own DCV check, not from Let’s Encrypt. cPanel support are the ones who can help you with it.

The way that cPanel performs that specific DCV check is implemented in /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSL/DCV.pm in sub verify_http, but it basically boils down to:

1. cPanel chooses resolvers from /etc/resolv.conf
  2. cPanel performs a recursive (single) DNS query against those resolvers for the domain for an A record.

So the problem may be that your WHM server’s configured resolvers are failing to resolve the domain locally.

grep -i nameserver /etc/resolv.conf
dig @nameserver-ip phones4u.ke
1 Like

Yes Iam _az. Let me check on this first I will get back to you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.