Premise: I'm not an HTTPS expert, even if something seems obvious to you, tell me anyway
My domain is:
I ran this command:
It produced this output:
My web server is (include version):
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
I'm using a control panel to manage my site:
The version of my client is:
I'm a little worried about the deadlines of the DST Root CA X3 because we have some POS units that use HTTPS to connect to a secure website with an LE certificate.
Let me explain:
- The website uses the certificate "DST Root CA X3" -> "R3" -> "v5.rt.iride.cards" which expires on November 21, 2021
- The clients (Ingenico POS) send and receive inventory data to / from "v5.rt.iride.cards"
- Currently we have on the POS a file containing (only) the certificate for DST Root CA X3 in the form
----- BEGIN CERTIFICATE ----- etc...and everything works fine
What have I done:
- During the tests we tried to upload the ISRG Root X1 certificate in the same form to the POS, but the connection is refused. Panic.
- We also tried to upload other different LE certificates (Let's Encrypt R3, Let's Encrypt R3 CrossSigned by IdentiTrust) to the POS with no luck. Double panic.
- So I reloaded the DST Root CA X3 file on the POS and the connection works again (but the panic level does not decrease)
Now I'm VERY worried and don't know how to proceed.
To make matters worse, there are only a few days left until the DST Root CA X3 deadline...
Can anyone help me, please?
Fulvio from Northern Italy