Exceed the certificate limit for domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: etusker.com

I ran this command: certbot certonly --apache -d etusker.com

It produced this output: Message says the certificate install but there was no etusker.com.conf-le-ssl.conf file as usually. And myt site (wordpress) didn't work too

My web server is (include version): LAMP

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Digital Ocean

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):certbot 1.21.0

Hi @lkpimeshka, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

What shows?:

certbot certificates

Also, you should update the client:

See: Certbot (eff.org)

And...
Since we are dealing with Apache, please show the output of:
sudo apachectl -t -D DUMP_VHOSTS

4 Likes

You probably don't usually use the certonly option. Certonly only gets a cert and will not configure Apache for you. Just leave that option off.

I don't know why Certbot would say the certificate was installed though. It shouldn't try when you do certonly.

You should still also as @rg305 showed. That will be helpful to fully understand your issue.

4 Likes

@lkpimeshka, here is a list of issued certificates crt.sh | etusker.com, the latest being 2024-04-25.
Please use one of the recent certificates

Testing and debugging are best done using the Staging Environment as the Rate Limits are much higher.

And to assist with debugging there is a great place to start is Let's Debug..

1 Like