My domain is:
https://studiogoldhammer.app

Error:

Log-File:
message.txt (12.9 KB)

Hello @andre3, welcome to the Let's Encrypt community. :slightly_smiling_face:

How did you install Certbot?
Which version of Certbot are you using?

Best to install from the SNAP method here Certbot Instructions | Certbot, if possible.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Thank you for assisting us in helping YOU!

2 Likes

I think the "attribute error" would be fixed by upgrading Certbot to the latest version.

But, the more serious problem is that you have reached a rate limit for production certs for that domain name.

"detail": "Error creating new order :: 
too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact 
set of domains in the last 168 hours: studiogoldhammer.app, 
retry after 2024-04-03T03:59:56Z: 
see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/duplicate-certificate-limit/",

It would be helpful to know more of the answers to the form you were shown. And, an explanation what you have tried and why you have gotten so many certs already.

==========================

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

3 Likes

My domain is: studiogoldhammer.app

I ran this command: certbot --authenticator webroot --installer apache -w /var/www/html/testdomain.de -d studiogoldhammer.app

It produced this output: screenshot

My web server is (include version): apache2 v2.4.57

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Debian

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: netcup

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): cerbot 2.1.0

Edit (more of a side note): You appear to be serving HTTP on both Ports 80 & 443; expected would be HTTP on 80 and HTTPS on 443.

$ curl -k -Ii http://studiogoldhammer.app/.well-known/acme-challenge/sometestfile
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 21:24:17 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.57 (Debian)
Cache-Control: no-cache, private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
$ curl -k -Ii http://studiogoldhammer.app:443/.well-known/acme-challenge/sometestfile
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 21:24:23 GMT
Server: Apache/2.4.57 (Debian)
Cache-Control: no-cache, private
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8

Apache information can be found in documentation and forums:

1 Like

Hm.. It's a setting thing, right?
Where can I find these?

The --installer apache should have created a properly working VirtualHost for HTTPS when you got a cert. Did you use that format of command for all 6 of the certs you got?

2 Likes

Adding to @MikeMcQ comment
Testing and debugging are best done using the Staging Environment as the Rate Limits are much higher.

1 Like

@andre3 starting on line 112 in the log you supplied I see

2024-04-02 14:45:15,238:DEBUG:certbot._internal.log:Exiting abnormally:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/contextlib.py", line 155, in __exit__
    self.gen.throw(typ, value, traceback)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py", line 1683, in make_displayer
    yield displayer
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py", line 1736, in main
    return config.func(config, plugins)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py", line 1440, in run
    new_lineage = _get_and_save_cert(le_client, config, domains,
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/certbot/_internal/main.py", line 138, in _get_and_save_cert
    lineage = le_client.obtain_and_enroll_certificate(domains, certname)
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Those type of error are often Python version/configuration errors. Thus leading to the question:

1 Like

Then I'll reinstall the complete root server today and hope I won't get any more error (?)

Then after that, please remove all version of Certbot (there maybe more than one).
And install Certbot from the instruction on https://certbot.eff.org/ and here Certbot Instructions | Certbot,
SNAP is the method of choice.

1 Like

I have the following Problem:

( i wanz zo get back to my old domain "app2.studiogoldhammer.de" because the new doenst work )