I'm getting a failed challenges error that I didn't encounter the first time I used certbot long time ago.
My domain is: mongo.phodit.xyz
I ran this command:
sudo certbot certonly --standalone -d mongo.phodit.xyz
It produced this output:
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator standalone, Installer None Requesting a certificate for mongo.phodit.xyz Performing the following challenges: http-01 challenge for mongo.phodit.xyz Waiting for verification... Challenge failed for domain mongo.phodit.xyz http-01 challenge for mongo.phodit.xyz Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: standalone). The Certificate Authority reported these problems: Domain: mongo.phodit.xyz Type: unauthorized Detail: Invalid response from https://mongo.phodit.xyz/.well-known/acme-challenge/g27bq80JFSMTX3BZDmn5b1vltbPCEiyav3gNVHsmSXg [22.214.171.124]: "<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html lang=\"en\">\n<head>\n<meta charset=\"utf-8\">\n<title>Error</title>\n</head>\n<body>\n<pre>Cannot GET /.well-known/" Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to download the challenge files from the temporary standalone webserver started by Certbot on port 80. Ensure that the listed domains point to this machine and that it can accept inbound connections from the internet. Cleaning up challenges Some challenges have failed. Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.
My web server is (include version): None, there's nothing on port 80 nor 443. The first time I used certbot it worked perfectly with the same command.
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): OS is CentOS 8
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Contabo
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes
I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no
The version of my client is (e.g. output of
certbot --version or
certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.19.0