Error sudo certbot renew --dry-run: Could not decode 'status' ('ready')

Hi Dears

First thank you very much for LetsEncrypt and amazing service.

Im using DigitalOcean Ubuntu with Apache and WP , by mistake i read and executed the Nginx tutorial to install LetsEcnrypt and so i installed Nginx over Apache, while installation went well i lost WordPress, so i stopped Nginx, removed it and reloaded Apache, then again installed Certbot.

Now i followed the Apache tutorial, while all went well with installation i found error with the last step which is renewal, here is the error:

Error :

Cert not due for renewal, but simulating renewal for dry run
Plugins selected: Authenticator nginx, Installer nginx
Starting new HHTPS connection (1): acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org
Attemping to renew cert (example) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewa/example/config producted an unexpcted error : Deserialization error: Could not decode ‘status’ (‘ready’):
Deserialization error: Status not recognizd. Skipping.
All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed: /ect/letsecnrypt/live/example/fullchain.pem (failure)

As you see from error, there is instant from Nginx like duplicated settings, what should i do in this case?

Thank you again

Hi @elgolden,

I think this is the same problem as

Thank you, feel free to delete it to avoid duplicated topics :slight_smile:

Hi again

It’s been 25 days so i thought this was fixed, i did the following :
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt upgrade

Now i’m running version 0.25.0 but still cant get a renewal, the errors i see are showing Ngix cant restart, however i’m using Apache.

What you suggest?

Thanks

Hi,

Try to check if your server installed Nginx pls.

P.S. you could try to run the command to update authenticator…

sudo certbot renew -a apache -i apache

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.