Error revoking certificate - trying to install SSL on same canonical and non-canonical domains

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: yardbots.ca

I ran this command:
sudo /opt/bitnami/bncert-tool

It produced this output:
An error occurred revoking certificates with Let's Encrypt:
2022/06/08 22:39:33 Trying to revoke certificate for domain yardbots.ca
2022/06/08 22:39:33 Error while revoking the certificate for domain yardbots.ca
acme: error: 403 :: POST ::
https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/revoke-cert ::
urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized :: unable to revoke :: requester does
not control all names in cert with serial "0374640d7a206959fa4e6638d30ef8df920d"

Please check our documentation and support forums, we'll be happy to help!

My web server is (include version):Debian GNU/Linux Version 10

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Linux

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: AWS

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):
Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
No

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @docmedia, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

It looks like the "tool" has gone wild!
It seems to think that it needs to revoke a cert [can't see why!].
Then it can't; And complains that requester does not control all the names on that cert.
[when we lookup the cert... there is only that one single name on it! ("yardbots.ca")]

If I had to guess [which I do]...
I'd have to say that too many cooks in the kitchen never leads to a great meal.
Someone probably has made some manual changes to a system that doesn't like that.
[and those changes might not have been done perfectly - and now it complains in weird ways]

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.