Error in certificate renew

I am trying to renew my certificate and get the below error

(env) **jianwu@django-hdserver** : **~/HD_website/website** $ sudo certbot renew

Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/www.dimsum.dk.conf

Renewing an existing certificate for www.dimsum.dk

Error while running apache2ctl graceful.

httpd not running, trying to start

Action 'graceful' failed.

The Apache error log may have more information.

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 139.162.163.35. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80

(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

no listening sockets available, shutting down

AH00015: Unable to open logs

Unable to restart apache using ['apache2ctl', 'graceful']

Error while running apache2ctl graceful.

AH00558: apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 139.162.163.35. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this message

(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80

(98)Address already in use: AH00072: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80

Unable to restart apache using ['apache2ctl', 'graceful']

Encountered exception during recovery: certbot.errors.MisconfigurationError: Error while running apache2ctl graceful.

Failed to renew certificate www.dimsum.dk with error: Error while running apache2ctl graceful.

All renewals failed. The following certificates could not be renewed:

/etc/letsencrypt/live/www.dimsum.dk/fullchain.pem (failure)

1 renew failure(s), 0 parse failure(s)

My domain is: dimsum.dk

I ran this command: sudo certbot renew

It produced this output: See above

My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.41 (Ubuntu)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.22.0

1 Like

This problemw as solved when I manually stopped the Apache2 server followed by renewing the certificate again using sudo certbot renew. This time it renewed without problem. Is there a way for me to verify that the certificate indeed is renewed?

3 Likes

Yes:
crt.sh | www.dimsum.dk
SSL Server Test: www.dimsum.dk (Powered by Qualys SSL Labs)

4 Likes

Thanks a lot for pointing me to this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.