Domain A or AAAA not informed ? But i did it

Hi everyone ! My name is Vic, first time here, i'm glad to use Let's Encrypt certificate !
I finally made it few days ago : i ran my NGINX web server with the certificate on my AWS EC2 instance. Then i stopped it.
Today, when i wanted to launch it, there were no error in my /etc/nginx/nginx.conf, server was ok and i updated my IP public adress on my DNS host (hostsinger).

I decided to train again and make a new server.

But i got some errors ... Here are the informations :

My domain is: vicexplore.cloud

I ran this command: sudo certbot --nginx

It produced this output: Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: nginx). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
Domain: vicexplore.cloud
Type: dns
Detail: no valid A records found for vicexplore.cloud; no valid AAAA records found for vicexplore.cloud
I have check it and i think there is no problem about it, my public ip adress is inform for my A ; i don't have IPV6 adress

My web server is (include version): nginx version: nginx/1.24.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): aws-cli/2.14.5 Python/3.9.16 Linux/6.1.84-99.169.amzn2023.x86_64 source/x86_64.amzn.2023 prompt/off

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: hostsinger

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): i don't think ...

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): cerbot 2.10.0

Now i got an error which invites me to create a topic here.

I already received the key on my first EC2 but i terminated it ... I got problem because of this ?

Thank you in advance :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @ReignK7, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

That's unlikely, the problem claims to be DNS related.
That said, I can't find a DNS problem [atm].
And neither did LD: Let's Debug (letsdebug.net)
Does the problem persist?

3 Likes

Side note, it looks like HTTP is being served on Port 443 instead of HTTPS being served on Port 443.

$ curl -k -Ii https://vicexplore.cloud:443/.well-known/acme-challenge/sometestfile
curl: (35) error:0A00010B:SSL routines::wrong version number
$ curl -Ii http://vicexplore.cloud:443/.well-known/acme-challenge/sometestfile
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Server: nginx/1.24.0
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 17:26:47 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 3650
Connection: keep-alive
ETag: "652946be-e42"
2 Likes

Why not use one of the two certs you got issued three days ago? :thinking:

2 Likes

Terminated with ec2 instance I guess

2 Likes

@rg305 : The problem does not persist now, i think it's because of DNS updated time ...
@Bruce5051 : I think it's because of my nginx.conf, the syntax is ok (with sudo nginx -t) but not "clean".
"Osiris" : Well, "orangepizza" guessed it ! congrats :joy: I'm a newcomer in IT, i must improve my patterns.

So about my problem : PATIENCE is the key (and nothing need to be encrypted :face_with_peeking_eye:)

By the way, do you have some advices about good configuration when installing web serv (nginx or other) in order to certbot automatically change the conf ?
Many times i had to do it myself without really understanding why certbot was not able to do it (i was running certbot certonly 99% of time).

Sorry for my english guys !

4 Likes

I would think that certbot had problems understanding your configuration.

I'm glad things are now working again for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes