Dns-01 challenge not working for wildcard cert

The dig result you asked for is at post 18 - or by waiting period I guess you mean while certbot is doing the 2 min dns propagation i will run it and then edit this

EDIT

[root@main ~]# dig @localhost _acme-challenge.xxxxxxxx.com TXT

; <<>> DiG 9.9.4-RedHat-9.9.4-61.el7 <<>> @localhost _acme-challenge.xxxxxxxx.com TXT
; (2 servers found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 18692
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 3

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_acme-challenge.xxxxxxxx.com. IN TXT

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_acme-challenge.xxxxxxxx.com. 120 IN TXT “qH5GT_row8vPRP-oVxnoBkRWB5tt5fBoy0QyyBN4hWU”
_acme-challenge.xxxxxxxx.com. 120 IN TXT “5l5vWFIUQlhgMrqZnkDnc5h2hIYsbNHZzf3EV8Ucm2M”

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
xxxxxxxx.com. 172798 IN NS ns1.yyyyyyy.com.
xxxxxxxx.com. 172798 IN NS ns2.yyyyyyy.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
ns1.yyyyyyy.com. 172798 IN A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ns2.yyyyyyy.com. 172798 IN A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

;; Query time: 4129 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Fri Aug 10 19:36:57 CDT 2018
;; MSG SIZE rcvd: 252

Still the same - no TXT record found - and then the TXT entries above are gone after cleanup and the run completed

Domain: xxxxxxxx.com
Type: unauthorized
Detail: No TXT record found at _acme-challenge.xxxxxxxx.com

Further - while it writes a jnl file, it does not write to the zone file - and if the dig is refreshed while waiting the TXT field changes like a moving target.

I am sure the key was working as previously it modified the zone file

No, EDNS0 is to allow larger UDP (up to 4k) instead of the usual 512b ones before going to TCP. It was done primarely to allow DNSSEC-protected answers.

You lost me completely as to what your reply is about

I was responding to someone else who said EDNS0 was related to TCP queries, it is not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.