DirectAdmin Let's Encrypt plug-in

Hi,

I have installed the Let's Encrypt on my DirectAdmin server. Previously it worked well, but now I get the following error message when i create an SSL certificate in DirectAdmin:

Getting challenge for domain.ext from acme-server...
User let's encrypt key has been found, but not registered. Registering...
Account registration error. Response: HTTP/1.1 100 Continue
Expires: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:48:23 GMT
Cache-Control: max-age=0, no-cache, no-store
Pragma: no-cache

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Server: nginx
Content-Type: application/problem+json
Content-Length: 265
Boulder-Request-Id: jCoCHLNI8GhZWqy0GJTIvUdC-4x_0By8lhKYPwC8Knk
Replay-Nonce: XtroLEuM7oRNaL-dDCTmOv967ShEFLhqR0prpmN6YOg
Expires: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:48:24 GMT
Cache-Control: max-age=0, no-cache, no-store
Pragma: no-cache
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:48:24 GMT
Connection: close

{
"type": "urn:acme:error:malformed",
"detail": "Provided agreement URL [https://letsencrypt.org/documents/LE-SA-v1.0.1-July-27-2015.pdf] does not match current agreement URL [https://letsencrypt.org/documents/LE-SA-v1.1.1-August-1-2016.pdf]",
"status": 400
}.

How can i solve this? Thanks!

Hi @JochemPL

The Let’s Encrypt subscriber agreement was recently updated. This is a bug in the DirectAdmin plugin. It should be using the new subscriber agreement URL. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with DirectAdmin and can’t suggest a work around.

I would recommend you file a support issue with the maintainer of the DirectAdmin Let’s Encrypt plugin.

I'm not using DirectAdmin, but if there is no fixed version yet, you could probably just patch it yourself. By the look of this: Version 1.50.0 | Directadmin Docs, the script that does the job is placed in /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/letsencrypt.sh You can open it (making a copy just in case), find the string in question and replace it with a new one.

For example, it all can be done with the command like this:

perl -pi.bak -e "s/LE-SA-v1\.0\.1-July-27-2015/LE-SA-v1.1.1-August-1-2016/g" letsencrypt.sh

This would replace the agreement link with the recent one and created letsencrypt.sh.bak with the original content.

:warning: "Use with Caution" of course.

Thanks! The problem is solved.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.