Deleting a certificate

Hello, I need to revoke ssl certificates that were issued earlier.By my own stupidity, and because I just started learning web programming. cyberclub.pro.
Please delete the past certificates from the domain that you specified above.There are 167 hours until the next opportunity to receive a certificate
It produced this output:

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

2 Likes

Why do you need it to be revoked? For example, it does not reset rate limits.

3 Likes

Unless you lost control of the corresponding secret key, there is no reason to revoke a certificate.

2 Likes

Well, there are a few other reasons, but 99.999999999 % of times on this Community the reason isn't good indeed.

Looking at crt.sh | cyberclub.pro maybe OP hit a duplicate cert rate limit for a cert with just cyberclub.pro. Although it seems a different cert for cyberclub.pro and its www subdomain was bought. Although that specific set of hostnames wasn't rate limited at all :man_shrugging:t2: So yeah, I dunno..

Oh, the "167 hours until the next opportunity" part confirms the duplicate rate limit. I guess OP didn't read the rate limit documentation well enough and now it looks like they spend money on that GlobalSign certificate for nothing..

3 Likes

@exe2
I see that everyone on this thread is recommending the same thing. and It is not an unfamiliar request on the forum. REVOKE the cert.... NOT! This is "knee jerk" reaction and should be avoided at all costs except for a private key compromise.
There are criteria to revoke a certificate as @linkp and @Osiris have suggested.

Your site is being served in HTTP mode... What is it you wish to accomplish here?

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.