Congratulations! Your certificate and chain have been saved at: what next?

I am running sudo certbot certonly --manual and I have completed the /.well-known/acme-challenge.

I have just received this news from the terminal:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• Congratulations! Your certificate and chain have been saved at:
    /etc/letsencrypt/live/playparadiso.com/fullchain.pem
    Your key file has been saved at:
    /etc/letsencrypt/live/playparadiso.com/privkey.pem
    Your cert will expire on 2019-10-14. To obtain a new or tweaked
    version of this certificate in the future, simply run certbot
    again. To non-interactively renew all of your certificates, run
    “certbot renew”
  • If you like Certbot, please consider supporting our work by:

What commands can I use to copy the /etc/letsencrypt folder?

cp -R /etc/letsencrypt ~/Desktop is giving me permission denied.

Where do I upload the fullchain.pem and the privatekey.pem? Do I use my FTP for this?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @Giansonn

that doesn't install your certificate.

What's your environment?

--

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

I don't know, only you can tell us this. What type of web hosting product do you use? Who do you buy it from, what is the service called?

You only need to copy two files, but you need to do it as the root user:

sudo cp -L /etc/letsencrypt/live/playparadiso.com/{fullchain.pem,privkey.pem} ~/Desktop/
1 Like

I am currently with ecowebhosting.co.uk however I cannot find anywhere in the cpanel to upload the certificate. I have the unlimited package with them.

/edit/ thanks for the sudo command I always forget what that does :+1:

So you have a control panel that looks like this one? On that interface, you can navigate to “SSL/TLS”, and then you will be prompted to enter the contents of your external certificate.

If you don’t have that interface, I’d suggest getting in contact with your host’s support reps - they should be able to guide to you to the right place. These procedures vary between different web hosts, so that’s the best way to get an answer.

1 Like

No SSL/TLS on the cpanel… It figures. Thanks for all the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.