our server OS is Win2016 x64bit. IIS version is 10+. currently, one IPaddress is configured with IIS. we hosted multiple websites with same IPaddress in IIS. Our Hosting provider is xlhost.com
We tried below steps:
- I downloaded and copied let’s encrypt directory at server.
- open command prompt and generate certificates for each websites using below command :
letsencrypt.exe --manualhost --webroot “”
- at end of command it asked for update scheduled task for renew. we said Yes during generation of each certificates.
- in IIS, we got to binding for each websites and add https binding using checked “Require SNI” option
- it worked fine from day we generated (almost 2-3 month before)
- almost all certificates stopped working. we observed during accessing websites from browser.
Note: we also configured our server for PHP websites using Apache web server. we generated certificate for PHP websites and set in Apache. its worked fine without any issues till date.
Can you please help me what is wrong in IIS configuration? or Please let me know steps for generating and renew on windows server.