CN is working, Alias not - and this only on mobiles

My domain is: www.jahrgang-2015.de / www.jahrgang2015.de
I ran this command: certbot standalone on Debian 8
It produced this output: valid certificate (SSL Labs A+)
My web server is (include version): Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Debian 8
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: thats me
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

Strange behavior:

using WLAN / LAN there is no prpblem connecting my site either using the CN (www.jahrgang-2015.de) or the alias of my host www.jahrgang2015.de

when using my mobiles on both I can access www.jahrgang-2015.de BUT NOT www.jahrgang2015.de (either Samsung 7 or iphone 6, both German Telekom but diffrent SIM cards)

When using www.jahrgang2015.de I get ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR and I have actually no idea why this happens and how to debug (as on my PC everything works fine)

Yesterday I renewed the certificate but this behaviour is still there.

any help would be appreciated…

Max

Hi,

Your certificate only contains two www version of your domain but your root domain is also resolved.

Which means visitors will see a “not secure” when they access your website from (jahrgang-2015.de & jahrgang2015.de)

Thank you

yes, that’s right - but this is not related to my problem as I get the SSL Error even though I’m using the domain with www

Hi,

Please check your IPV6 record for jahrgang2015.de, your ip seems different from the jahrgang-2015.de and doesn’t show a secure protocol.

Beside this, there seems to be no issue.
P.S. your main certificate is a self-signed and makes no use. You might want to consider removing that cert.

Thank you

thanks a lot. Found the faulty IPv6 entry. Now as ttl is 24hrs I need to wait if this solve the issue. keep you posted.

According to SSLLabs:

For jahrgang2015.de and jahrgang-2015.de :

For www.jahrgang2015.de :

For www.jahrgang-2015.de :

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.