Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support ... valid for 0.28.0?

hi folks!

I am unable to extend some of my certificates, which also use wildcards - all done using DNS-01

this worked until January this year, now I can not renew them, getting

Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA.

However, as suggested in Solution: Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA an update of certbot should help, but afaik this does not affect DNS-01 ?

Since my currently running host uses debian stretch, there is no update beyond 0.28.0 - can one confirm please that an update would help or am I doing something else wrong?

I am not sure of this issue at all, since adding –test-cert does not return any errors, but should the test-cert servers not behave the very same as the production systems?

Right now I am trying --preferred-challenges dns-01 --force-renewal …have there been any changes I missed perhaps?

Hi @marinko

please answer all the questions of the template you have seen.

1 Like

hello Juergen

the question is very generic, as it applies to any domain, the OS (debian stretch) and certbot version were mentioned in the posting.

I just tried certbot-auto which did not report that problem and successfully issued new certificates, so I guess it is version related.

It’s not possible to be sure why the error was happening before, and why it’s not happening now, without more information.

Still, there was (probably) one bug that could cause this in certain circumstances that was fixed in Certbot 0.31.0.

For anyone else reading this in the future who’s getting the same error message, please post a new thread in the #help category and fill out the questionnaire. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.