Challenge failed for domain

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:www.mb-integration.com

I ran this command: sudo certbot certonly --webroot

It produced this output:
Waiting for verification...
Challenge failed for domain www.mb-integration.com
http-01 challenge for www.mb-integration.com
Cleaning up challenges
Some challenges have failed.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

My web server is (include version): N/a

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):Ubuntu 20.04-x86_64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: A2hosting

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Webuzo

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):0.40.0

Trying to run new certification on VPS/Ubuntu 20.04/Webuzo and it returns following message:
Invalid response from
http://mb-integration.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/Vd_bpsp02fH-96RcCB7sw9g9tZvdpOhotPir7hDUUqQ
[185.148.129.210]: "\r\n<html
lang="en">\r\n\r\n\t<meta charset="utf-8">\r\n\t<meta
name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-"
Manual says to change server configuration to serve files from hidden directories . Since Im new to Linux any hints were to locate the configuration file and what modifications need to be done?

Hi @buzle, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

This information is important in resolving the problem:

Also, the web server is being hosted by Cloudflare CDN.
[this might be part of the problem - if Cloudflare is not configured properly]

And also, Webuzo claims to handle all things relating to certificates.
So there should be a menu driven path to obtaining a cert.

And also also, I see that you used --webroot but don't really show where you got the path presumably used immediately thereafter.

And also also also, you mention a "Manual says", don't don't provide any information on that:

What manual?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.