Certificate self-signed but signed by letsencrypt

Hello,

I wanted to test letsencrypt, but when I tried to do ./certbot-auto --apache --staging, I have only self-signed certificate.

Do you have an idea why its self-signed ? and not signed by letsencrypt ?

Thanks

The staging environment signs certificate using an untrusted certificate. If you’ve finished testing, you should drop the --staging flag to get a certificate that’s trusted by browsers.

I tried without --staging, this is the same thing

What does that mean? Where is the cert? How did you determine it’s self-signed?

Make sure you don’t have any non-Let’s Encrypt-certificates set anywhere in your configuration. Some distributions, like CentOS, generate and configure a self-signed certificate by default, and depending on what your apache configuration looks like, that certificate might be the one apache picks instead of your LE certificate. You can use grep -r "SSLCertificateFile" /etc/httpd/ or grep -r "SSLCertificateFile" /etc/apache2/ to see if any unexpected certificates show up.

If that doesn’t turn up anything, I’d be curious about the exact certificate (and maybe browser error) you’re seeing.

Hi,
It’s works, thanks
Chos

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.