So today my dad noticed that my freshly let’s-encrypted domains aren’t working on his Windows XP machine. I took a look on it but I can’t really figure out the problem.
Some facts I have gathered:
About the server:
- Domain: www.loilo.de
- I tested the domain on ssllabs.com and the only potential problem I could find was the required SNI support
- My page seems to work on other XP systems (according to browserstack.com)
About the client:
- This is the first case I know of where the domain did not work correctly.
- His Windows says: “The certificate has an invalid name. The name is not included in the permitted list or is explicitly excluded.” (Pretty hard to actually find anything about this statement on Google…)
- SNI test pages are working fine on his PC. (for example sni.velox.ch)
- System clock is set correctly
- No proxy
- Microsoft Security Essentials as antivirus
I don’t know what else to look for. Anyone got an idea?